Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Richard Dawkins and Atheist A Cappella

Richard Dawkins is a frequent visitor to the Bay Area, often stopping at Kepler's to sign books, or speaking at schools (today he taught evolutionary theory to the students at Nueva). In 2009, while he was here for a book tour for Greatest Show on Earth, I hosted a fundraiser for his foundation, for which I organized the first ever atheist a cappella group from among singers I know who tire of crooning about saviors and magical births. Having read Dawkins' book Climbing Mount Improbable, we called ourselves Hereby Chants.

Photo credit: Steve Jurvetson
Well this Sunday the Hereby Chants had the honor of delivering an encore performance for Richard at a private lunch for his foundation's supporters, and here it is...

1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is Mike and I am currently working on a book called, 'How to Debate Atheists.' I have completed the first three chapters and would appreciate any feedback.
    http://mikemanea.com/unapologetics/how-to-debate-atheists/

    ReplyDelete