Friday, November 21, 2008

Nov 29: A Capella Holiday Concert

I discovered last winter that the Bay Area is home to one of the world's premier A Capella choruses. Voices in Harmony sings jazz, pop, contemporary, barbershop, and traditional choral music under the direction of Dr. Greg Lyne, a professor from Arizona State and the St Petersburg Conservatory, and guest conductor for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Oddly, the group isn't well known locally, but they've been collecting international accolades and acclaim -- most recently winning the bronze medal at the BHS World Championship in July (BHS has 34,000 members worldwide).



Next Saturday afternoon at 3pm on Nov. 29 Voices in Harmony (joined by the Late Show quartet and Pride of the Pacific women's chorus) will perform a holiday concert at the California Theatre in San Jose. There are still a few tickets available, and my friends at the chorus have offered to invite the first group of 4+ people who buy tickets through my blog to a pre-concert VIP wine and cheese reception. (Just leave a comment with your email and name if you think you qualify.)

I have no affiliate code or any other financial interest in this event or the group (it's actually non-profit). I'm just sharing my love for their music. You have to hear them to understand, but if you go, you'll thank me.

Blogged with Flock

No comments:

Post a Comment